GTBank has a full-fledged Treasury team dedicated to providing innovative solutions for your foreign exchange needs and investment services, supported by the latest state-of-the-art infrastructure; proficient in meeting all treasury requirements.
The Treasury Team issues continuous market up-dates daily and a weekly summary to enable its corporate, institutional, trade and retail customers to keep abreast of the latest market news and currency trends.
- GTBank offers FX services.
- Competitive pricing.
- Real time market updates available
- Must observe all BOT regulations regarding FX business.
- The rates indicated hereafter are applicable to forex transactions up to USD 5,000 (or equivalent).
- For forex transactions of more than USD 5,000 (or equivalent), a firm quote shall be obtained from the relevant Relationship Manager / Relationship Officer / Treasury Dealer.
- The Treasury Sales Desk is at the disposal of GTBank’s Corporate Clients to provide them information related to local/international forex and money markets.
Some of the products our treasury provides are seen below:
Features and benefits
- Short term (1 year or less) debt instruments issued by the Government of Tanzania through the Central Bank carry zero credit Risk given that they are issued by the Government
- They can be pledged as collateral.
They are issued in maturities as seen below:
- 3 months (91 days)
- 6 months (182 days)
- 12 months (364 days)
- Treasury Bills may be sold in the secondary market to raise cash in case of need.
- Auctions are scheduled every fortnight or as per BOT’s discretion.
- Attractive returns dependent on prevalent market conditions.
- No additional charges
- Foreign Exchange Spot.
- Swift transfers – Flat fee for outgoing SWIFT transfers.
- Fast and Efficient Remittance to East Africa countries: Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda and All over the world.
- Foreign currency Term Deposits, Call Deposits, Savings accounts and Current accounts
- Fixed Deposits at competitive interest rates.
- Call Deposits.
- High Yield Deposits
- Timely information on markets and analysis.
- Solutions to manage foreign exchange risk